Reminder

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “By Allah, I am not afraid that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it, and it will destroy you as it did them." [Bukhari]

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love Story Part 13 (The Question)


“Remember Me, and I will remember you, give thanks to Me and do not be ungrateful” (Al-Baqarah: 152).QURAN


             "Really? You're not joking?" laughed a man with a white coat, thinking their laughters & smiles are temporary for that day as the married doctors got the opportunity to be together with old friends. "I'm not playing with you, Kamal, at this one time when i was walking downtown, some crazy girl chase me while playing the guitar. Maybe she was really desperate for money", "So, Danial, did you give any?" the laughs stopped. "I look into her eyes & said 'Here take some, do what you like with it, but please take a bath, it helps to get more, peace upon you', then, i gave & walk away", with no impression, Danial drank his coffee. "Wow, that's cool, so what happen next?", " Well, Dr. Yasmin, the last time i saw her again, she was doing well, new clothes, new songs, & not chasing anybody for that matter". Everyone giggled, seeing the irony of people changing with just a few words of inspiration.

             The tangerine clock took its time to move the arrows from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., accompanying the four friends at the coffee shop adjacent to the hospital. "Danial, 3 years in the Down Under, any great candidates for the future?", "Pardon me? Candidates? I really can't say that i have a chance, i'm just still not confident with me in that situation". Silence came suddenly for that 2 seconds, "Amirah, what about you? You look like you're ready", "Oowh, me, well, let's just say, my parents made me meet a few in their liking, but i just turned them down. Not to my standard", that words made the others broke the silence with small laughs, except for the guy beside her. "Why did you reject them? Are they that bad? I thought your parents have good taste", seeing curiosity overtook Danial, "Well, they didn't give the right answer to my question, so i let them go. Can you give me that answer?", her words shocked the others, as if she was trying to make a request for a 'hand in marriage' scene to his childhood friend. 

                     He tried to make it as a joke, trying to vanish the awkwardness of the air, "i'll take that challenge, what's the question, if i may ask? I'll give you something you can't reject" making a smile out of it. "Well then, what's your love for in this life?", "Hmmm, that's a tough one, right Min. I hope you find the right answer, Danial, i can't help you now",  "Darling, we better go, there's a complication in room 105, nice meeting you two. Salam". "See you later, guys. What can i say, a doctor is like a superman, when there's trouble, there's  us, salam" the last laugh made their departure a memorable one. "I'll walk you to your car, nowadays, people are very aggressive", "Thanks, it's not far though". They both walked down to the parking lot with the sign board 'Visitors's sticking at the side, searching a yellow Toyota sports car which appear to be new based on the plate number.

                     "Well, aren't you going to give the answer? You said you'll hand me an acceptable one. It's ok, you can give me anytime, but before someone else does, or else, i have to accept him of course" she chuckled with a hand covering her mouth while starting the car. "Give me some time, i'll try to make it on time although i always didn't. I'm always one step behind you, maybe this time i could catch up with you", "Well, i'll wait, just come over to the house sometimes, the address is still the same. Okay, i'm going now, i'll pray for your success, insyaAllah, see you soon. Salam, Dan". She reversed the car & move away, while giving a smile, "InsyaAllah, salam, Amirah!". He went back home, feeling happy, but his mind when out of the box, suddenly that question came out, 'What's my love for? In this life?', trying to fill his minds with memories & words, searching his brain for the correct answer. "What's love? Did i even know what's love? How can i have love? Well, love is really complicated, what's mine for?........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment