Reminder

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “By Allah, I am not afraid that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it, and it will destroy you as it did them." [Bukhari]

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Story Part 8 (The Moment of Truth)

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 255: Narrated 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "Do not wish to be like anyone, except in two cases: (1) A man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously. (2) A man whom Allah has given wisdom (knowledge of the Quran and the Hadith) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others." (sahih Bukhari)


                "Kamal, you're going out again? You're very busy man, even busier than the prime minister", cheerful atmosphere created by a joke of a mum of four stopped a walking man from heading out the door. "Just seeing a friend, i'm taking the 'Swift'", grabbing the key with haste, he went straight to the garage. Knowing at that moment of time, his watch had just passed ten minutes after the time he supposed to get his breakfast, but because of an urgent matter he needed to attend to, all scheduled activities for that day were just shown to the trash. "I hope you can make it....", looking repeatedly at the message that he received made him nervous as if this going to leave a memory in his life. "I hope everything's alright, is it my fault?.....", alone in the car with his twisted mind & his voice as the radio host for the day, talking about the connections for the past one month & what had to do with him in the middle, made the scent of the new morning fader into the intense situation.

                    "I hope i'm not late, why does this always happen to me? Can i do it in front of him? I don't know, I hope he's there", mumbling anxiously  while the words were clearer in her heart. The young woman rode on her automobile, taking a risk which she wouldn't had taken in her past. "He's going to be there, you got to go, Amirah. If you think it's worth it, then, go with no regret....", her friends' advices were ringing along with her heartbeats. "Oh, no. Where's a free parking when i needed",  she was lost, scouting around while continuously keeping an eye on the time. Taking her time at the elevator, she managed to arrive in time, suddenly, her breathless steps to the restaurant were stopped by the presence of a guy at the opposite side of the table. "I'm too late, he's going to ruin it", sight of hopeless filled her heart."Thanks for coming here, i was not sure you're going to come after the last incident, which i'm terribly sorry", the man with the grey-bluish shirt nodded, sincerely as a sign of apology.

                "It's ok, actually i'm kinda worried that i have given any harm because of my ow actions. I think i who should apologize", "No,no, it was my foolishness. Actually Amirah & I were childhood friends since kindergarten, since her parents moved here 15 years ago. We were close, i was there when she needed me, but it was just when we started going to different classrooms in high school that made feel like i need her more than she needed me actually. However, i didn't say anything because if i let it out, i know she would scold me and we would be arguing instead of making her smile, i made her cry. She never had any occurrence with other guys except me, especially when i always tried to protect her from them, although not all of them were 'bad' ones, i realize i was dragging her back instead of pushing her to the top". "I see, well, i've seen a lot of situations involving relationship, but yours are a bit complicated. Actually, i didn't catch the connection why i'm here in the first place", he took Kamal hands with tears dropping to his hands. 

                 "Please, i need to change myself, this change is not for her but myself, being in this misery made me look into the things that i had lost, & i had gained. I want to become better so that i can find my happiness without hurting others' quest for theirs. Can you help me?". With the grasp of his brother's hands, "Absolutely, i will help you. The first thing you must do is forget about her & focus on your true lover, Allah al-Merciful. If you can control yourself towards her, then, you can see her but you must be strong & don't let yourself to the Devil. Actually, i have a book that you could relate to, 'Hamka: Tenggelamnya Kapal Van der Wijck'. If you think you have the urge to change then go live your life with no regrets, fill your moments with the benefits of the world & the afterlife....". The intensity of the room grew as their meeting were interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming from a red high heel shoes which made both of them paused..........     


No comments:

Post a Comment